As we drove back from San Antonio the other day we noticed a race track and knew it must be our next adventure. Maybe we were some of the only people there (though the "regulars" were very hard-core and made the night all the more enjoyable and interesting), but we had a great time. And for $2.50 to get in (and no betting on our part)...it sure made a cheap excursion.
Welcome. Bem Vindos. Here you'll find updates on our life, and most likely some ramblings from Hil.
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
A day at the races....
Horse racing is alive and well. Who knew?
As we drove back from San Antonio the other day we noticed a race track and knew it must be our next adventure. Maybe we were some of the only people there (though the "regulars" were very hard-core and made the night all the more enjoyable and interesting), but we had a great time. And for $2.50 to get in (and no betting on our part)...it sure made a cheap excursion.

C studies the stats to pick a winner.
I relax as we wait for the next race.
Ahhhh...horse race food...eerily similar to sporting event or fair food.
C makes his prediction...
And the winner is..... ZOOMIN' CAT! No lie. If only we were the gambling kind.

As we drove back from San Antonio the other day we noticed a race track and knew it must be our next adventure. Maybe we were some of the only people there (though the "regulars" were very hard-core and made the night all the more enjoyable and interesting), but we had a great time. And for $2.50 to get in (and no betting on our part)...it sure made a cheap excursion.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
wow that looks like fun! you guys have some great adventures!
what? you didn't bet? that is the only way it is fun. well, it looks like you had a fun time anyway, but it's really fun. but keep it below $5 just in case you lose.
and love your first pic.
So I just finished reading Seabiscuit and I would totally go to a horse race now. You should read the book if you enjoyed the races; it was really good. I wrote up a review on our booklist: iversonbooklist.blogspot.com
Anyway, looks like a fun time!
NICE! You should totally bet next time :)
Cute shoes too :)
Dude! We haven't even done this. You are so more Texan than we are. Seems like a fun activity, this'll be something Russ and I will have to do.
What a FUN adventure! I'd love to see a horse race, I love how you found it randomly. I also love that you picked he winning horse but didn't bet, that's hilarious!
LOL.. I love the pic of you "riding" the horse!
Post a Comment