Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A day in San Antonio....

C and I FINALLY ventured down to San Antonio last week and saw the sights. We had a great time walking around the Alamo and the River Walk. To be honest, at first I wasn't sure why the Alamo was such a big deal (GASP!)....Remember the Alamo.....and so on....but by the end I think I was able to appreciate what it represents and it was fun to learn more about the history of Texas. Then we strolled the River Walk, had dinner, and just walked around that part of town. And don't let C's face fool you in the last pic...he LOVES when I take random pictures of him! Ha. It's actually one of my favorite "C faces"....makes me laugh every time.




5 comments:

Diane Bohn said...

I'm so jealous!!! Tell C he REALLY needs to convince Neil to come down there! Oh how I miss it so. It touches my heart to see your pictures. Thanks! ;D

B said...

I LOVE the River Walk! What a fun day! We've gotta go visit y'all.

Amy and Clark said...

Can't wait for a tour of all of that. Looks very fun!

Marybeth said...

It's a tradition in the San Antonio mission that when the missionaries arrive they get a pic in front of the alamo and again when they leave. Not really sure why. I have always wanted to go to San Antonio--you lucky!!

Molly said...

I'm on the verge of tears. I want to be you guys!! I'm so glad you took on San Antonio. I could almost feel the atmosphere, just looking at your photos. Hil, your camera is amazing. The clarity is to die for, you under that archway, beautiful picture!!!! So happy you are enjoying yourselves and seeing the sights!!!