Saturday, January 24, 2009

Food, glorious food...

Last weekend C and I had what I dubbed "the day of food." We didn't initially intend on ALL of our Saturday activities to center around food...but hey, I'm not complaining. We started off the day by heading to Austin to check out Whole Foods, a store we had heard great things about. Let's just say we could have stayed there ALL DAY...and did indeed pass an hour or two looking at all the great foods, eating lunch, planning exotic meals we would now have the ingredients to make. Love it. While there C picked up some Japanese ingredients for the next portion of our day...Sukiyaki. When we got home he whipped up the delicious Asian meal and we've added it to the list of goodness. While pondering what to do later that night we did what came naturally and converted our grill into a smoker and smoked a salmon. Why not right? All in a days work.

8 comments:

camie said...

wait one minute... you've never been to whole foods? goodness.
i miss being single adults (no kids) and having such outings. please enjoy them all!

Cassie said...

did you even know I live across the street from Whole Foods?!
Well, to be exact I live by 4 grocery stores. Safeway, QFC, Whole Foods, and Trader Joes.

I will never go hungry...

Autumn said...

You gotta love food! I think it's what makes places interesting, right? I'm glad you finally made it to Whole Foods...welcome to the natural food world.

Jenny said...

Hey! Hope you don't mind I found your blog... You look great! Looks like you're having so much fun too! We lived in Singapore for a year and that place reminds me of all the fresh, open markets there! So fun huh?!

B said...

haha.. food makes the world go 'round! We have Whole Foods here, too. I made some curry tonight and thanks to Whole Foods and Trader Joes, I think it was a hit.

p.s. Did you know AAG is in D.C. next year? Come!

Russ said...

Yum! What a fun excursion!

Molly said...

Take a look at those olives!! I bet C was in heaven.

Jennifer said...

Oh yum!! yall look like the CUTEST couple! It was so fun having out with your today! I hope we can all get together again sometime!