A huge thank you to LeAnn, Ralph, Ilene and Phyllis for the beautiful flowers.We've been doing our best to be festive here in Central Texas and have even had some cooler weather to help us in our endeavors! (We're definitely in the 'cold weather loving' minority here and have been taking advantage by pulling out our winter attire!)
Last week we headed to Gruene to check out the lights and later that night watched "It's a Wonderful Life" which I decided I had never really seen and I have to say that I really enjoyed it. Very sad, but also very uplifting, meaningful and hopeful.

Earlier this week we joined YSB for some caroling which I LOVED because hey- I LOVE caroling. The kids were a bit on the anti side at first, but when they saw the smiles on everyone's faces they warmed up to it pretty quickly.
Later that night a few of us went to the Junior High Christmas dance recital to support our girl Destiny - SO CUTE.




On Wednesday we got all fancy and went to San Antonio to see "The Lion King". AWESOME. So fun. We stopped in New Braunfels for a fun little dinner and then hit up the show. The costumes were amazing and we had a great time.

We welcome you Christmas season! Thank you for your lights, treats, music, opportunity to wear winter attire, opportunities to reflect and serve and overall great feeling....and it's only just begun!
4 comments:
Deck the Halls with Boughs of Holly, Fa La La La La La La La La!!!! Thank you for this most festive post!
I am lovin' that hat Hil....wishing I owned it....
The Lion King, awesome. Mike saw that in NYC on his mission. So fun for you. When I clicked on the fancy pic of you & C heading out to the Lion King, I saw a little friend behind C's left shoulder. Yes, I speak of The Snowman. I am beyond pleased to see that he is out and adding to your winter pleasure. "We're walking in the air, we're floating in the moonlit sky..." My kids (and I!) watched The Snowman in early December, I'm sure we'll be sittin' on the couch again soon, enjoying this sweet little film. Thanks for the post, yikes! this comment has turned into an email!!!
I agree with Molls, I am diggin' the hat. I actually told Ty yesterday that I am in the market for a nice winter hat. Our minds think alike.
Well done on keeping up with the holidays. I appreciate the "festiveness."
Speaking of the Snowman, I showed it to my class. I forgot about the bare bum. Good thing it's a cartoon.
Loved the post. Thanks for keeping us updated.
I love carolling! I didn't even know it until this year! We went to the Reston Christmas Tree Lighting (yes, we really did) and they sing carols before they light the tree and then Santa comes. I confess, I love every minute of it! Good times.
Love that y'all had to "pull out" the winter clothes. I love this season.
Loved it Hil and you look great in the hat and C in the jacket - nothing to make you more festive than singing!
Post a Comment