Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Living in the Cliffs...



I am falling SERIOUSLY behind on our adventures.....so I'll try to make this quick.
After our time in Santa Fe we headed for Colorado to see Mesa Verde National Park. I was slightly embarrassed to admit that I honestly didn't remember ever knowing about the Native American cliff dwellers....but perhaps my ignorance made the experience all the more interesting! We thoroughly enjoyed exploring the ruins.....the high ladders, tight spaces and even a flat tire couldn't slow us down! And in case you were wondering....we all decided we'd choose a cliff dwelling over a teepee any day. Those Anasazi knew what they were doing.



4 comments:

Russ said...

My mom took me there when I was little. It's pretty cool. The tire looked like an adventure. I wish I could've been there to commentate.

B said...

Good times! I want to go!

Amy and Clark said...

Very cool! One of the places on my to see list. Let's chat sometime and swap road trip adventure stories. :)

Molly said...

Crazy cool place this Mesa Verde National Park. Nice, nice pics.

C is a natural mechanic. Way to not let anything get you down, C & Hil!!