The plan was to drive straight home to Logan after our time in Mesa Verde....but at the last minute we decided to stay in Moab and hit Arches the next morning. SUCH a good choice. We hit the trail early and hiked to Delicate Arch which was fantastic. As we arrived at Delicate Arch I felt a little like I did the first time I saw the Statue of Liberty having for years seen something so iconic in pictures and then finally seeing it in person. Fantastic. Afterward we hit Windows and Double Arch before continuing on.....absolutely beautiful.
Welcome. Bem Vindos. Here you'll find updates on our life, and most likely some ramblings from Hil.
Friday, July 23, 2010
Well my oh my....isn't your arch delicate?
The plan was to drive straight home to Logan after our time in Mesa Verde....but at the last minute we decided to stay in Moab and hit Arches the next morning. SUCH a good choice. We hit the trail early and hiked to Delicate Arch which was fantastic. As we arrived at Delicate Arch I felt a little like I did the first time I saw the Statue of Liberty having for years seen something so iconic in pictures and then finally seeing it in person. Fantastic. Afterward we hit Windows and Double Arch before continuing on.....absolutely beautiful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
you always go to really cool places I've never been to and so for once this is somewhere I've been! I'm so glad you liked it_I just think It's amazing!
Beautiful. Kinda jelly.
Did you climb up to the spot where Indiana Jones went into the cave? I was disappointed to find there was no cave there.
NATURE IS AWESOME!!!!!
I got goose bumps when I read about your feelings about seeing the Statue of Liberty and Delicate Arch for the first time. I know that sounds goofy, but you are a great writer Hil and I'm feelin' it!!!!
Post a Comment