In mid-May I had the opportunity to take an amazing stroll down memory-lane - one of my favorite destinations. :)
I flew into Boise first and got to spend some time with the cutest nieces and nephew on the planet. The timing was perfect because I got to be a part of our family fundraiser for Relay for Life. This year we're celebrating Bronwyn's five-year anniversary of being tumor-free. To donate to our team click here. A million thanks!
Marie and I then hopped in her van with our lovely friends Alison and Lue and headed for the familiar streets of Rexburg and Sugar City. Highlights included:
- Seeing Stacie and meeting her new little twins
- Dinner at Gringos!
- Snowcones.....classic.
- The familiar sights and feelings of 'home'.
- The beauty of Island Park
-Catching up with about 36 hours of hanging out and talking
- Reminiscing - we laughed so hard we cried. And sometimes we just cried.
-Visiting Candria
- The reaffirmation of the blessing of life-long friendships.
- A surprise visit from my mom when I got back to Boise




5 comments:
I love that memory lane is one of your favorite destinations. That just sounds cool. :)
Yes! A wonderful weekend, indeed.
I loved seeing you and you should come visit again very soon. :)
Isn't is such a recharge sometimes to go back to our roots? I love it - great post.
Cute post. I also figured out how to comment on Marie's blog. I had to download firefox. Something about cookies, bla, bla, bla.
What fun! I love Sugar. It's awesome you guys still get together! Hey- so my blog is private now. What's your email?
Post a Comment