Friday, April 13, 2012

Firsts and other happenings....

I have to laugh at myself because I get really excited for all of Ruby's first experiences - all the while knowing that she doesn't really know what's going on, nor will she remember them. But I get excited anyway! Sharing things with her for the first time just makes everything more fun!
First St. Patrick's Day! We celebrated with the Ingoldsby cousins. Corned beef and cabbage, Irish trivia, searching for the hidden leprechaun, root beer tasting.....it was a great celebration.

First trip to Buc-ees! Don't let her expression fool you, she seemed to enjoy looking around...and I enjoyed the stares I got when taking her picture.


Torchy's! Ruby is a big fan of food trailers.
Watching the bats on Congress bridge. Ruby was a CHAMP. C fed her a bottle while we waited (the bats pulled a no-show PS) and she was just super happy and calm.
Ruby loves the Austin skyline - just like her mama.


Our friends were so good to indulge me each time I said things like "this is Ruby's first time watching the bats!"

4 comments:

B said...

I love Rubz's firsts! What a good little girl she is! Wanna join our Stroller Derby? Looks like you two are the perfect candidates.

p.s. How slammin' do you look, amiga!

Marie said...

I love that her onesie says "me" instead of "my"! Too fun. C is such a cute dad. And I have to agree with Camie on this post. :)

stacie said...

The picture I'm waiting to see?...Ruby and Mama in matching bandannas! You'd better do it soon before she has the body control to yank it off :)

Molly said...

Ruby is living the life! Great documenting, Hil. We Aunties love to see "The Firsts"!