Thursday, October 18, 2012

7 Years....

Has it really been seven years? I can't decide if it feels like it's been longer or shorter than that. Either way, it seems strange. As I thought about my Dad this morning, I looked at Ruby and smiled. She was born on his birthday. I love that. I think she'll love it too.

When asked for a piece of advice to pass on to posterity my Dad replied, "Avoid the urge to judge others or consider yourself better and therefore worthy of more blessings The Lord loves all of his children equally and wants us to help each other. Helping those less fortunate is critical to our own salvation."

A wise man. And help others he did. In fact, I'm sure he's still doing so and I'm grateful for that, but oh how I miss him. 





5 comments:

McKell&Janeene said...

Oh Hil! Such sweet words, and what a wise man. I cried a little... flash backs to cryfest! :) Sending my love to you and your family today and always.

Cassie said...

You wrote that so beautifully! Ruby is so lucky to share a birthday with your father. :)

Marie said...

I cried a little too, which is so weird since I never cry.

Allison said...

A beautiful post, my friend. What a great man he was. :)

Unknown said...

Such fond memories to cherish! We love you and are grateful for your wonderful parents who gave us such a wonderful you!