We actually left Texas. It's true. It happened.
It was an adventure....especially for our little Ruby. If she could share her side of the story, I think it would go something like this:
--My mom and dad kept telling me we were moving, but since I had no idea what that meant all I could tell is that they were hiding all my stuff in boxes. This proved to be pretty confusing for me, so I started to give up napping. It seemed like a good idea at the time.
Then one morning we got in the car and drove for way longer than usual. Plus mom and dad cried - which was weird since I'm usually the one doing the crying in this family.
We stayed in a hotel that night and I was super excited to explore my surroundings the next morning. So excited, in fact, that I ran straight into the edge of the coffee table in the room. I don't suggest starting your day with a gash in your forehead. I cried...a lot. Despite my injury, my mom and dad said we had to keep traveling. Hmph.
My parents were excited to announce we were going to be climbing the highest peak in Louisiana. Luckily, even the highest of peaks in Louisiana isn't very high. And it's a good thing too because I was promptly stung by a wasp when we got to the top of the peak. This fun adventure my parents promised seemed to be getting rougher on me all the time.
Once again, my parents insisted we continue. Despite my injuries, I was a pretty happy girl in the car and did my best to sleep well at the hotels. We also had fun visiting civil war sites in Vicksburg, Mississippi and civil rights sites in Selma, Alabama. My parents seemed excited to read signs and take pictures, but I was just happy to finally get out of my carseat.
Finally, my parents exclaimed "we're here!" They showed me my new house and yard and tried to convince me to start napping again. It took them longer than I wanted, but they finally gave me back all my toys - and with that, things started to look up.
 |
| Packing is the worst! |
 |
| Last picture in our apartment. Sniff, sniff. |
 |
| Tunes to go along with our tears.... |
 |
| Important stops along the way.... |
 |
| Poor little Ruby. |
 |
One last quick Texas family history stop.
|
 |
| Bad wasp. Sad baby. |
 |
| Corn on the cob kept Ruby alive over the summer. Her fave! |
 |
| Vicksburg, Mississippi |
 |
| Selma, Alabama |
 |
| Open my eyes for the picture? NEVER! |
 |
| We made it! |
3 comments:
What a clever way of avoiding having to write out the emotional turmoil that comes with moving from an adult perspective. Ruby's perspective was certainly simpler to write, despite not being much fun (poor girl).
I'm glad I got to experience so many Texas memories with you. I'm also glad you now live so much closer to me. :)
Finally, is there anything cuter than a toddler eating corn? I think not.
Little buddy! Glad all three were able to trek forward. Love reading your blog.
Little buddy! Glad all three of you were able to trek forward. Love reading your blog!
Post a Comment