Months ago I was talking to my life-long friend Camie. I was telling her how I missed writing (at the time I wasn't yet back in the writing game). She encouraged me to blog and told me how enjoyable and validating it can be to just put your ideas, thoughts, and moments out there. Her words rang true to me and MONTHS later I followed her advice.
Thus far the blogging has been fun.....a bit like a travel log or journal. So now I'm going to add something new...some of my loves, interests, ideas, thoughts. Why? Because I can...and those of you who check blogs as regularly as I do will read whatever I write.
So here we go:
I (understatement) LOVE music. Here's the music I can't get enough of this week:
Frank Sinatra- Seriously I don't know how many times C and I have listened to 'ole blue eyes this week. Who doesn't love old big band/swing/jazz tunes? Okay some of you out there don't love it...but I dare you to give it a try. It makes me smile without fail and makes me wonder why we as a society gave up fedoras and boas so easily.
Maria Taylor- If you love indie/acoustic/folkish music like I do (again if you don't...I dare you to try....) you MUST give Maria Taylor a listen. Check her out here and listen to Clean Getaway, Good Start, Tell Me, Leap Year, Lost Time.....okay they're all fantastic. Beautiful.
Enjoy.
3 comments:
Oh, I love this idea! I love your music of the week. Let me share my obsessions of the day.
CLOUD CULT: Journey of the Featherless, When Water Comes to Life
STARS: Elevator, Set Yourself on fire, Look Up
Hm, yes, I'll leave you those for just a taste.
I love you! You're awesome!
Thanks for the link to Maria Taylor. It's a sound that I need in my life. Relaxing, but energizing, you know what I mean?
I'm spending a lot of time with Real MCoy and Sara Bareilles right now.
Keep the posts comin' Hil.
Great I idea Hil, I love musisc too! I listen to Maria Taylor- very nice. I like stuff like that. I think i'll support her- I'd love to hear more of your favs!
Post a Comment