C and I have a new Tuesday tradition (and no it's not to eat a BLT...though that's not a bad idea and the two are kind of related....). Every Tuesday San Marcos has a local farmers market...year round because as previously mentioned it never gets very cold here. So every Tuesday we plan to support our local friends and buy their tomatoes, onions, cucumbers, peaches, and other bits and pieces of healthy goodness.
This Tuesday we added another piece to our Tuesday tradition puzzle. We found a new bookstore called "Books in Demand" where no book is over $5. Hello dream! The books are used, but in really good condition. You can bring books to trade in or sell and everyone benefits with the fabulous prices. On Tuesday C and I bought three books for the sweet price of $4.87.
Now our Tuesday tradition will include both the farmers market and bookstore. Jealous? We're only an airplane away!
(PS Happy Birthday to Tyraysha! Te amamos MUITO nossa amiga querida!)
4 comments:
are you kidding me?! fresh produce year round is my dream... not to mention topping it off with a good book. i am very jealous of your tuesdays.
I am incredibly jealous. Not only do I love BLTS ... but inexpensive books! That sounds fun!
Watching for good airfare...... Must come over a Tuesday......
Must prepare tastebuds for tasty new tries...... Eggplant, here I come! (wonder when eggplant is in season? You'll know when I'm at your door!)
YUM!!! I am so jealous!
Post a Comment