Monday, February 23, 2009

This post is dedicated to....

My little bug. In two days Bronwyn will celebrate her three-year anniversary of being brain tumor free! As Marie and I talked about this the other day we both remarked that as we think back on the ordeal it's hard to believe it even happened. Bronwyn still has regular MRI's and check-ups which serve as reminders, but more often we're too busy focusing on how funny and cute she is to think of anything else! How grateful I am to post these pictures of Bronwyn as a beautiful and energetic four year old. When Bronwyn was born my dad called her his "therapy" because she brought him so much joy. I'm happy to report that she continues to bring all of us a lot of joy. Our life wouldn't be the same without her!
I tried to post a video I made for Bronwyn's 1-year tumor free celebration, but alas...alak...it wouldn't work. However, here are a few pictures of the journey. We love you Bug!




9 comments:

Marie said...

LOVE IT! I'm actually planning a similar blog entry... :) Thanks for being there through it all. Especially the horrendous blood draws when I was 8 months prego with Mags. Those sure were the days. I love you!

Molly said...

What a little trouper! I love the last picture of Bronwyn at Relay for Life. She's such the little girl now. I'm happy for this 3-year anniversary. What a cute niece, Hil!

McKell&Janeene said...

So cute! I love your family and am so proud to have been a small part of the Relay for Life Celebration!

Marybeth said...

I am ever-impressed at the strides healthcare is taking!! Being part of the change is pretty amazing.

Candria said...

What precious pictures! And what a journey! So glad everything is going good. What a good aunt...

Cranberryfries said...

I love the celebration! I remember when my mom called me that day and I just didnt know how to respond. Sweet little girl!

todd, christy & kids said...

What a great Auntie you are! My uncle just had brain surgery to remove a tumor and I am amazed at freaked out at the same time! Goodness. I am grateful that all is still well with Bronwyn. I am really interested in hearing more about Relay for Life.

Kath, Becca, and Ellie said...

YAY Bronwyn!!!!

B said...

One tough little cookie! I love this post.