Saturday, September 19, 2009

On Repeat....

Just discovered the band "The Avett Brothers" and I can NOT get enough. Who doesn't love a band with acoustic guitar, banjo and upright bass? (Some of you are thinking 'not me!' and that's okay.) Mix in some amazing harmonies and the occasional piano and cello and I'm a big fan.

'I and Love and You' is absolutely gorgeous and in 24 hours I've probably listened to it more than 10 times. 'Tear Down this House', 'The Weight of Lies' and 'Murder in the City' are beautiful as well. Don't forget 'If it's the beaches'.....alright...just so many.

On the fun side of things check out 'Pretty Girl from Cedar Lane' and 'Paranoia in Bminor' and many more.

Finding a new band is such a joy. Unfortunately as is par for my concert course The Avett Brothers will be doing a show in Austin in a few weeks and I'll be out of town. Sigh.

No comments: