Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Good Times in KC....

We ended our fabulous summer vacation with a stop in Kansas City to visit Larz and Marty as well as Molls and the kiddos who were there for the first few days. I have to say that aside from it being great to spend time with family it was also really great to see Kansas City. I would have never on my own thought about KC being a great place for sight-seeing etc., but it was a super cool city. Cool history, buildings, museums. Natural beauty, church history sites, tasty food....the list just goes on. Here are a few highlights:




Looking out over the Missouri River



WWI Museum
Jealousy-worthy farmers market

Mini Golf!
Beautiful Union Station

5 comments:

Amy and Clark said...

Looks like so much fun! Way to get out there and see our country! So great that you got to do to all those fun things with great people!

Valerie Ingoldsby said...

Great family memories those kiddos are so cute and even the big kids look great!

Dan-o said...

This will be a summer not soon forgotten for the Whitesides family. You guys have been more places and seen more things this summer than I think I have in my whole life. I hope you appreciate it, because it gets really, really hard when you only get 15 days off in a whole year. Either have time or money, not both! Very true. But looks like tons of fun. I'd like to see more of KC myself someday. Have fun at Boundary Waters C!

Molly said...

Hil! I am in awe of your blogging amazing-ness. Way to get pics of KC up there! That was a fun trip (even if we ALL were living in Laura & Marty's one bedroom apartment, who cares??! We're family!). And now you're here with me in MN....I am liking all your summer traveling. Because seriously, we SHOULD be seeing each other at least every 30 days. Yeah, I like that idea. You are the best, Hil!!!!

Lauralee Flores said...

I'm going to have to make it to KC sometime - who would have thought! Great pictures, Hil. I miss you like crazy.