Friday, November 27, 2009

Remembering.....


What a blessing it was to see Grandpa Ingoldsby a few weeks before he passed away. And what a blessing to be at his funeral with our family.....renewing our relationships and paying homage to a man who has affected all of our lives in a positive way. How grateful I am for Grandpa and for eternal families. Grandpa Ingoldsby will be dearly missed, but I do like to think of him reunited with his parents, Grandma and my Dad.
All of the cousins - except for Bron who is on a mission in New Zealand - were together which was a definite HIGHLIGHT. Some of my favorite memories with my cousins are when we are preparing a musical number for a family event. The "practice" is full of laughs and sharing stories and memories in the "Ingoldsby shout" voice and a little music. Absolutely classic.


Madeline and Trent were super accomodating and threw their wedding together a few days after the funeral so many members of the family could be there and not have to travel again. The wedding was great and I'm so happy for them. Congratulations Lindsey bunch!


1 comment:

Molly said...

I am so glad you were able to see your dear Grandpa right before he passed away. It looks like the funeral was a wonderful reunion of loved ones. I like the image of your Dad being reunited with your Grandpa. You remain Hil, as always, a strong, positive person, bringing light and happiness to those around you. I am sure that your Dad & Grandpa are smiling down on you.