Our friendship started at Ricks College with these ladies. Our friendship started in the "semi-friend we hang out with the same people" kind of way, but grew as we planned social events together, learned a duet on the guitar for an end-of-the-year event and planned our move to Utah State.
The friendships have continued and even strengthened over time and Amy's loyalty, sacrifices and amazing planning skills have been a huge part of it all.
Amy is a key part of this trio that has proven to be fiercely important in my life. Roommates. Best friends. I have been blessed.


Amy and I have some things in common. We are both obsessive planners and appreciate punctuality. We love acoustic guitar, beautiful harmony and a good solid hug. Hot chocolate and Italian sodas are a favorite and a must. We think friendships can and SHOULD last forever. Together we've shared many laughs and tears, made important decisions and made sacrifices to keep in touch.
Amy is one of the hardest working and organized people I know. If you've never seen one of her to-do lists put doing so on YOUR to-do list! I guarantee you'll be inspired. I've always been impressed with her thoughtful care of those around her and her dedication to doing what is right. She's one of only a handful of people who will tell me if an outfit "looks bad!"....and somehow I never hate her for it. Sometimes "an avoider" back in the day when it came to spilling her guts she has a huge heart and is incredibly passionate about the things that matter most to her in her life. She's over-the-top talented, smart and kind and I am grateful to call her my friend.
8 comments:
What a great tribute to a wonderful friendship love Mom
I don't know Amy - but I have a feeling I'd adore her.
Wow Hil, quite the tribute. I am almost jealous.... Amy rocks!
Um, I am nearly in tears. What a sweet birthday gift to look back on our friendship over the years. You are a dear, dear friend and I love you! I did get to celebrate with many of my favorite things--hot chocolate, italian sodas, but I very much missed my best friends. This SIGH and HUG are for you as I head to bed thinking of memories on 4th North, NYC, Seattle, NC, Rexburg, TX, etc. Can't wait to add to that list.
Thanks again, Hil.c
Love you.
BAAA! I love it. I love it so much. I love AMY and YOU so much.
Why did we ever leave our house on 4th north? Such a bad decision.
Oh, I mostly just love your blog. I wish that I could hang out with you even though I am not nearly cool enough and would have nothing to add to any conversation (except gas and poop jokes from Kyle). I so want to be friends with your cool friends!!! I also want photography tips. You are a genius with a beautiful eye for it all.
Your Sugar City house post made me nostalgic for Sugar City and I flippin' live here. Sigh.
I remember when I met Tara in my ward at BYU. I was talking about her adjusting to a new school, and she said something like 'well, I know one professor from BYU-Idaho who is down here now.' Even though she said I wouldn't know him, I insisted she tell me his name - Ingoldsby. Crazy small world.
Awesome tribute Hil. Amy is truly amazing.
Post a Comment