Saturday, September 11, 2010

If you're like us, you might like....

We interrupt your normally scheduled summer-catch-up-blogcast (What? You guys aren't done talking about your summer yet?) for these quick re-caps/suggestions.....

Last week C and I had the opportunity (Thanks Russ and Chow!) to go see the documentary "Waiting for Superman." Since it hasn't been released nationwide yet I'll keep our promise to the director and won't go into too many details or my thoughts on the matter. For now I'll just say that I thought it was really good and definitely worth seeing. More thoughts to come....


Last night we saw the Punch Brothers in concert (you might recognize Chris Thile on the mandolin from Nickel Creek) and they were AWESOME. So fun. So different. We loved it. If you like bluegrass, stringed instruments or just music in general check them out. (PS How did I not take ANY pictures of either of these awesome events? Shameful.....and very unlike me.)




3 comments:

Connie Whitesides said...

Oooh. Waiting for Superman. I have seen the trailer and heard rumors. I can't wait to get your full review... I think I need to be prepared before I watch this one. It might hit a little too close to home...and tears could maybe come out.

Allison said...

I am most definitely seeing that film!
I also can't wait to see what you thought. :)

Allison said...
This comment has been removed by the author.