We started out in San Antonio for some Texas history at the Alamo, a walk on the River Walk (where we ran into the International Accordion festival.....LUCKY!) and finished off the night with dinner and a stroll in Gruene.
No trip to our neck of the wood is complete without some serious Texas bbq and some quality time on the river. We had a blast and Molls and Mike even joined the locals for a swim in the river after we were done kayaking.
Mike was kind enough to let us all tag along to Houston with him where he took his Pediatric boards and we took some time to visit San Jacinto - the birthplace of Texas independence. Very fun....but I won't lie, the highlight just might have been a stop at Buc-ee's on the way home.
We ended the trip with some quality time at the outlets (ahhhh....sweet, sweet outlets) and Austin (I love Austin. So much.) We hit up some food trailers for some tacos (soooo good.....as in I'm-still-thinking-about-them tacos) and cake balls. The bats were out in force and did not disappoint and the Capitol was beautiful as always.
Molls and Mike even squoze in a ride on the bike before the headed home - the perfect end to a great trip!
4 comments:
So I never thought I would ever want to live in Texas, but after reading your blog I might be okay with it! wish i could visit ya!
I AM ON THE NEXT FLIGHT OUT! This trip was outta the ball park fun.
You & C are amazing hosts. The itinerary was perfect. We had a great time. Thanks sista!
Yes, your visitors get treated! We HAVE to come visit! Even if we sat home and just visited, I know we'd have a blast.
Hiiiiiiiillllllllllllllllzzzzzzzzzz... updaaaaaaaaaate your bloooooooooooooooooog.
Post a Comment