Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The Holidays: Part One

We spent Christmas in Orem with the Ingoldsby/Hillstead clan and we had a fantastic time.
So many good times.....so let's get right to it!

Some highlights:

Lots of fun mother/daughter baking and LOTS of eating (including our weight in crab on Christmas Eve.)


A new family tradition of making gingerbread houses made with real homemade gingerbread (delicious!). We all had a blast and when the houses started to collapse under the weight of all the goodies Emmy found the PERFECT solution. When all was said and done Harris' design reigned supreme.


Santa found us! We spent Christmas Eve preparing for the next day with lots of singing and festive activities. Christmas with kiddos is so fun and magical. We were all pretty spoiled (C and I got a kitchen gel mat....which is a DREAM!) and Harris even got his much desired BYU snuggie!

The best part was just being together as a family. Lots of hugs from cute kids, games of rummey, dance parties, late-night hot tubbing, good food and amazing treats, festive decor.....a wonderful Christmas.

4 comments:

Marie said...

YAY! Very fun!

Cranberryfries said...

What a fun trip! I think the party follows where you guys go. And I love that pic of you girls and your mom! It even looks like you guys coordinated your shirts! :)

B said...

You look great, Hilz! Sounds like a GREAT Christmas. Where did you eat crab in Orem??

Molly said...

I love real gingerbread houses. They are so....edible. I wish I was Emmy in that pic.