Monday, October 3, 2011

Back to our northern roots......

Can it really be that I still haven't caught up on our summer adventures? They were just that numerous and good. Back to the task at hand.

After spending time in Washington, C was off to Glacier to meet up with his colleagues to do fieldwork and I crossed the border for some family time. Mom and Lynn met me in Lethbridge and we enjoyed showing Lynn some of our favorite family history and southern Alberta sites.

Cowley Cemetery

Lumbreck Falls

Waterton

After C finished up his work in Glacier he joined us in Alberta and Marie and Todd and the kiddos also came North for a much-anticipated family vacation. We had so much fun spending time together as a family and doing some of our favorite southern Alberta activities. The extended family company and food was also epic as usual. It was a fantastic few days.


Exploring Waterton


Ty fished for so long he had blisters on his hand!

Love these folks!

The surrey rides around the town were a definite highlight.



Cardston, Alberta temple


Fort McLeod and the musical ride!

Delicious food around Grandma's table

Fries and Gravy.....tradition!

A walk through the coulees


Family dinners and group shots

4 comments:

Amy and Clark said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous pictures, Hil! Seriously. Love them all.

Allison said...

Looks gorgeous. I want to go back to Waterton someday - loved it there!

MA said...

Fun! I love that you are always on an adventure :) And btw- Congrats on the baby! You look gorgeous. So exciting!

Molly said...

Fries and gravy???!
I think I MUST try this.
Thanks for always expanding my horizons Hil.
Love ya!