Friday, November 4, 2011

Home for the holidays....

First things first, Happy Birthday to  my cute mom! I love you!

The beginning of October found us traveling back to Utah for a quick and fantastic weekend. C had some research to finish and we were anxious to have some time with our families since we won't be home for the holidays.

When we landed in Utah it was chilly, rainy and snowing in the mountains. As we arrived at my mom's house I couldn't help but feel like we were home for Christmas! It was so great to have some quality time with those who matter most to us.










 Another big highlight during our few days at home was the epic baby shower Marie and my mom threw me. Family, in-laws, cousins, high school friends, college friends, work friends, etc - it was like my whole life was represented! It was a blast. (And the food spread was legendary.) It was so fun to see so many people I love - I only wish I could have had more time to talk to everyone! (I also wish I could have adequately taken pictures of everyone!) We were very spoiled and are grateful for everyone's love and support as we venture into this new chapter of our lives.






3 comments:

Connie Whitesides said...

So great you got to have a little taste of the coolness and holiday feel. We were sad to have missed your visit. But we will make up for it soon. Very soon.

B said...

GOOD Times! Wish I could have been there to support you. I really hope you realize what a lucky little girl is coming your way to have YOU as her mommy. Um grande abraco, amiga. Voces tem um register do bebe?

Molly said...

Yes! Your October visit was perfect! It was so fun to celebrate you and C at your shower. I can't wait to meet this little baby growing inside you. She's going to be oh-so lovely.
Nice family pix too- I love that you remember to sit the family down and snap a group shot. Thanks HiL!