Monday, November 21, 2011

Exploring the South....

Near the end of October C had a conference in Mobile, Alabama so we hopped in the Lone Star and took to the Southern roads.

We opted to stay off the main roads as much as possible to see the sights.




Louisiana roadkill

Welcome to New Orleans!


We enjoyed just strolling the streets.


Around 29 weeks - enjoying a delicious beignet

New Orleans cemetery - super interesting.

To no surprise, food was the highlight! Gumbo and crab fingers in a sauce I still dream about.


The Mississippi coast was beautiful.

C was busy with the conference, but I got to enjoy Mobile's southern charm.

5 comments:

Molly said...

Thanks for the trip to Alabama-blog style! Those are some sweet pics-the roadkill is unreal. Cute prego pictures--that striped shirt looks so cool and swirly when you're on the beach! Love it all!

Molly said...

Quinn just walked into the room, saw the 1st picture of Uncle C among the greenery and said, "Is that Ireland?". Awesome.

(all will now sign their names)
Quinn
Max
Mae

Marie said...

You look so skinny, I kind of want to cry for myself right now! Love the pics and the big clarinet!

Amy and Clark said...

I love that you took this trip (though I'm sad that I didn't know about it--we obviously need to talk more). Clark and I have been talking about going on that road trip ever since we moved here. Looks like so much fun!

Chow said...

I DIDN'T KNOW YOU WENT TO NEW ORLEANS!!! SUPER JEALOUS! SUPER SUPER SUPER SUPER SUPER