We were home for Christmas. We were home for CHRISTMAS. WE WERE HOME FOR CHRISTMAS!
To say I was grateful and relieved to be home for Christmas would be an understatement! It was such a tender mercy. We were vigilant in reminding the nurses etc that I hadn't received any meds or stitches or anything from the birth and that I was READY TO GO. We also told everyone who would listen that we had a toddler waiting for us and that we wanted to be home as soon as possible. It was looking like we could for sure leave around 6 or 7 pm on Christmas Eve, but then we actually ended up being able to leave in the afternoon! Ah-MAZING.
Ruby was SO into Christmas this year and it was so fun. We spread out the fun (mainly due to necessity of fatigue/nursing etc) and did stockings on Christmas Day (while eating Pannetone!) and then did presents on the 26th and 27th. It was actually really fun to slow down and keep Christmas going for a few days.

No comments:
Post a Comment