Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Texas ya'll! And California too....




After C defended his thesis it was off to the Lone Star State for us. We checked out the town, campus, the ward, and most importantly found a place to live. Our first night found us having only seen the less desirable parts of town and having quite the laugh about it over dinner. (As a side note I ate "Bangers and mashers"....that's right...getting down with the lingo.) However, over the next few days we saw the rest of the town and grew to really like it. It was hot, humid, and the roads have no rhyme or reason to them but it's a super neat area and we are so excited to explore...and to persuade everyone to come visit us!





Then we were off to California for the Ingoldsby family reunion. Our extended family has never done such an official "reunion" and I must say it was quite the event!
First we met Marie, Todd and fam in LA and hit Sea World. So fun. I have to say I was quite impressed with the animals (and slightly creeped out) pretty much acting in plays. The highlight however was a fantastic roller-coaster that we found around 9pm (sun down...starting to get chilly...roller-coaster drenches you)....we rode it over, and over, and over.















Then we headed to Lindsay for some good family fun. It was great to see the family, perform as always with the cousins, and just be together. Traditions like ice cream in Three Rivers and a trip to Ingoldsby's nursery were fantastic. Another highlight for me were the reunion t-shirts! A shirt with Ingoldsby on it is clearly a winning item.





5 comments:

Kath, Becca, and Ellie said...

Glad you're still alive! And it looks like you're doing great. Fantastic. I hate the state of Texas for taking you away. But really I love the state of Texas and I know that ya'll will have a great time. I also have no doubt that you will A) start saying YA'LL all of the time without even meaning to be funny and B) become arrogant Texans. It's in the water- it just happens. Love to you both. Congrats to C on the masters.

BCNewell said...

Hey guys, it's been too long since we chatted, so i'm happy to see i'll be able to follow you (virtually) to TEXAS. Congrats on all the good news!
-Bryce

ajcurry said...

HIL! I didn't know you had a blog! Thanks for letting my know! I had to find it through Jade's blog! Anyway, you are forgiven! That is so exciting about TEXAS! Good luck with everything. Living away from family stinks! But, eventually it gets better.
Love ya,
Jill

Heidi Miller said...

I am so excited that you have a blog. I am now adding you to my list of family and friends so I can always stalk you . . . errr, I mean, keep up on your life. :o) Anyway, I love your posts and you look sooooo happy! Joseph is applying to some jobs in Texas . .. maybe we'll be neighbors someday and we can have hige birthday parties on Nov 14th! :o)

MA said...

HILARY!!!! What a fun surprise to hear from you. You look so great and oh how I've missed laughing with you! I'm so glad you finally found me :) Congrats on the move- welcome to the south. It has taken me about two years to get down the "ya'll" and "yes mam, yes sir" lingo but lots of fun times in the south, even though I've heard texas is a planet of its own- lol. Lets keep in touch for sure. YOU ROCK!