Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Bratwurst anyone?

Wurstfest rocked. Period.

What is Wurstfest you ask? Why exactly what it sounds like....a fest dedicated to all things Wurst (wish you had been here Ty!). Pretty much Wurstfest is an Octoberfest except for bigger, better and lasts for a whole week. Awesome. The food was fantastic, the people HILARIOUS, and the German music even a touch dance-worthy. We had an amazing time with Russ and Chow showing us the ropes and making sure we ate all the right foods : Wurst-kabob (pictured above...5 types of sausage...Cass, feel free to make a man-food comment), potato pancakes, deep-fried dill pickle slices, and fried oreos for dessert. Every bite an experience. Can't wait until next year. Thank you New Braunfels.

6 comments:

Joe said...

Wurstfest sounds like the bestfest. I wish we had something like that Utah. That would help my life.

Cassie said...

I think my husband would die for Wurstfest. It seems like there is just some many awesome things happening in TX.

Diane Bohn said...

I am oh so jealous!!! Let us know before hand next year, and Neil and I will definitely be there!!! ;)

Amy and Clark said...

Um. That is some seriously intense stuff. Nothing like making sausage memories!

Molly said...

I'm drooling!! I can almost smell the brats in my living room. Oh, to eat something off the grill again! It's been too long for me.
Love to see you out and enjoying your new surroundings. There is so much to see & do! I say, party on!

Heidi Furness said...

I love that it sounds very Texas with all the fried food. Being German, I would have loved all the brats!!! I'm glad you're having such a good time. :)