I have yet to participate in the "Tagging" world of blogging and facebook. Though I enjoy reading everyone's tags and learning more about you all, and have even wanted to reach out and tag someone from time to time, I have yet to really participate. However, I recently buckled down and did this little tag on facebook so I figured I'd share it here as well. It took up FAR too much of my time so it's hard to say if I'll ever do it again...though I admit it was a little fun.:)
How I have loved reading 25 random things about ya'll. THUS here I go.....
1- I have a twin sister and she is the BEST! (Okay that's not necessarily "random", but it's one of my faves.)
2- I love family history and spend a decent amount of time doing it (even if it is such a grown-up activity Mel! haha). Genealogy, I am doing it...lalalalalalala.
3- Per number 2: My family comes from Ireland, England, Hungary, Italy, and France.
4- I've probably written 50+ original songs...the majority of which were probably penned during my Ricks College days....and some more recently. Too bad I don't remember all the lyrics!
5- As a kid I went through phases where I wanted to be a pool cleaner, a famous track star, radio personality, and third grade teacher.
6- I once won 2 free plane tickets at a drawing at Penney's. I was probably 16-ish. I took my dad to his cousin's wedding in California. So fun.
7- A little while after C and I first met I gave him my phone number without him even having to ask for it. That's right...BOLD.
8- Some of my FAVORITE music in the world was written by people I love...aka Marie and Todd, Mandy, Tyson, Clark, Ty, Amy....
9- For a self-proclaimed writer who usually has PLENTY to say...I'm having an impressively hard time with this 25 assignment.
9- What I SHOULD have put on #9- I once interviewed Woody Harrelson in the SLC airport.
10- One of my favorite childhood school stories is when I was coming back from the bathroom and had just opened the door to my 4th grade classroom only to hear the teacher yelling "HILARY, I can hear you talking!" Sigh....admittedly I talked A LOT....but I was also BLAMED a lot.
11- One of my 8th grade teachers once told a class she predicted I'd grow up to be the leader of a gang.
12- As kids Marie and I used to bet Camie and Brad about the Superbowl. This year Cams and I brought the tradition back and I LOST. Now I owe her an atomic fireball.
13- I served a mission in Brazil and LOVED it. I've been back twice since then and consider myself VERY lucky.
14- I still speak Portuguese daily...what a blessing to have a husband who also served in Brasil!
15- I'm living my career dream....working for a non-profit I feel passionate about part-time and writing part-time. I couldn't be having a better time job-wise.
16- As what can only be described as a domestic/grown-up MIRACLE...I LOVE the Food Network. Seriously.
17- I've always been blessed with amazing friends. Some of my greatest friends I have today I have had since childhood...and some I just barely met. And a good amount came from those amazing Ricks College days mentioned above.
18- I have double-jointed arms and I have to say the way they can bend is pretty awesome...you might even say...OFF THE CHAIN! (Okay...Laura...that was for you.)
19- Marie and I used to miss each other at night in our separate bedrooms and knock on the back walls of our closets (the adjoining walls between our rooms) as a signal for the other to turn on her walkie-talkie.
20- As a pre-teen posters of Zack Morris adorned my walls.
21- I got my first (and only) speeding ticket with Mel and Cassie in the car while driving Mel's MOMS car heading back from Josh and Jen's wedding. Sigh. Cass later donated plasma to help me pay for the ticket so I wouldn't have to tell my parents. That is TRUE friendship.
22- I'm a certified Red Cross instructor.
23- As kids Stacie and I had a list of things to do before we got married...some of which were: write a hit song, shave our heads, go on a safari in Africa, and find a cure to disease. I laugh just thinking about it.
24- I'm pretty addicted to email and my cell phone...both of which I love because they connect me to people I love.
25- If you've spent any serious time with me you know I wear a bandana daily....yep...every morning and night to get my hair out of my face...love it. I was recently asked by a darling 4 year old (thanks Jacob!) "what's that on your head?" I responded...."my trademark."
4 comments:
Thats a good list! You're pretty awesome. Now, what do we need to do to get that Nobel Peace Prize. We'd better get started.
Pah!! What a great post! I laughed out, over and over again.
Walkie-Talkies??! YES!
Genealogy, I am doing it...! HA!
A pool cleaner?! Brilliant, you could be at one of the major hotels in Honolulu right now, cleaning hair out of Pool #12 and livin' the life. Thanks for the great read, Hil. You are a talented writer. :)
Your teacher was right. You ARE the leader of a gang! (Hello - you're addicted to bandanas!) I'll follow you anywhere! :) Okay, almost anywhere... maybe even Texas someday. And you definitely should have become a 3rd grade teacher. I hear that's where all the money is at!
Love it!! Youare hilarious as usual. I kept reading this list and found myself nodding and smiling and saying, "Yep that is so Hil." What a great friend I have!! Love ya!
Post a Comment