To celebrate the end of the semester (and subsequently C's first year in his PhD program) we ventured into Lockhart last week to see the sights and eat some famous Texas barbeque.
We ate with the pleasant folks above and loved every meaty, smokey bite. However, we were less impressed with the Texas original Big Red....I didn't hate it and I'm always willing to give it another chance...but it was a little on the 'I let my snowcone melt and now I'm drinking it side' of things.
9 comments:
hil, how fun! I'm jelous you are so close to so many fun, and historic places!
Looks like fun! You're turning into quite the little photographer, Hil! You've gotta love these local eateries, don't you? Justin and I had out own little adventure this past weekend in Branson. We ate a pretty cool place called Lamberts where they actually throw hot rolls across the room to whomever wants them. Pretty cool place, and even cooler because you'd only find it in the South! :) I can't wait until we can make it down to your neck of the woods!
Smitty's is not very good. but that black hallway is pretty cool.
Congrats on a big step. Way to go C on your first year in PhD. So jealous of that Texas bbq~
Aahhhh.... enjoy those carefree, kidless days. Love you guys! Congrats C!
Congrats C!
And we couldn't be prouder of your one year down. We think you are both fabulous! And great job on exploring all the Texas has to offer. When you have four years down you should write a travel book. I think it would have credibility.
I told you I was going to bed, but I had to take a peek at your blog first! :) :) :)
Excellent celebration trip for C's One Year Down. I can just taste a melted snowcone, suckin' it up through my straw....SWEET & SUGARY. Good on ya for trying out the local fare.
Haha.. Big Red! I haven't seen that since... Texas! I think it's sick! Too Kool-Aid-ish. =) Congrats on the first year, C!
Post a Comment