Friday, September 25, 2009

TRUE Aggies.....

Last weekend we had the opportunity to head to Texas A&M with the Rigby's to cheer on our beloved Aggies. NOW, don't get me wrong....USU isn't exactly known for great football, but we were more than happy to throw them our support. Texas Aggies VS. Utah Aggies. Intense. And to be honest, they completely held their own - even scoring the first touchdown. I dare say that if it hadn't been for a bad call or two they would have had it. Here are some highlights.

Cheering on (albeit it quietly at times to avoid confrontation...that is until we moved over to join the handful of other USU fans) our alma mater Utah State! Jamie wore red because she's pregnant and didn't have anything blue that fit....and so that we wouldn't get beat up. haha.



A WHOLE lot of school spirit. Very cool. Slightly intimidating when you're NOT wearing maroon. There's always something a little unnerving about intense team pride mixed with alcohol. Many people had told us about the school spirit at A&M to the point that we ALMOST doubted our choice to wear USU garb. In the end though everyone was decently well behaved, the school spirit/culture was seriously impressive, and we're both just too darn proud to be USU alum to ever back down!

A corner of USU blue in the midst of the maroon sea. And I have to give A&M props - though the picture doesn't do it justice - for one of the most impressive marching bands I have ever seen.

5 comments:

Julie said...

Way to cheer your team on! It's always nice when your team comes to you.

Molly said...

We got Spirit, Yeah, Yeah, We got Spirit!!! What a crowd! That's rad that the UT Aggies were in Texas. And what's radder is that you cheered your lungs out for them! Well, in hushed, quiet tones as to avoid violence. :) Another great weekend for C & Hil. I'm livin' through you guys, you know that right?? Keep the excitement comin'.

Amy and Clark said...

I have to say, I'm rather disappointed that you didn't paint a blue A on your face.

B said...

Props for challenging that Texas pride! I'm glad the fans were nicer to you than at that Red Sox game. Ha!

Bonnie said...

you go girl... way to defend your A. :) I had a companion who went to Texas A and M and we would have Aggie-offs in the apartments and I must say she WAY out spirited me. Plus, her Spanish was better so I sort of had to win so we would still be friends! Looks like so much fun!