Monday, March 15, 2010

Spring Break -- Texas-style.....

Oh Spring Break...why did you have to come and go so quickly?!

Last week the planets aligned and C and Marty had the same Spring Break. Larz and Marty ever so kindly made the trek down to Texas and we happily showed them the sights of central Texas. So. Much. Fun.

Here are some highlights:

Welcome to San Marcos, TX home of Texas State University!



Austin:
The LBJ library, cheese at Central Market, the bats, a pile of seafood (you'll see later that eating piles of food together are a common theme of this vacation) and getting locked in the state Capitol at night. SUCCESS!


Around San Marcos:

Sweet succulent Texas barbeque (aka: another pile of awesome food), kayaking the San Marcos river and the glass bottom boat tour.





San Antonio:
The Mercado, good Mexican food at Larz and Marty's fave restaurant from their honeymoon, the riverwalk and boat ride and of course....THE ALAMO.


Too. Much. Fun.
And it went by far too quickly.
Now we're trying to get over our spring break withdrawals. Wish us luck!

(I should also mention that at least 5 or 6 bags of Cadbury mini-eggs were consumed during our 5 days together.....the remaining eggs are currently getting C and me through our above spoken of withdrawals. Oh...and don't forget the absurd amount of Dr. Pepper consumed...I'd blame Texas for being the birthplace of DP, but such consumption is pretty common when Marty and I together. In the words of C....GOOD TIMES!)

7 comments:

Marie said...

Looks like you had a great time! You are totally making me crave cadbury eggs, though!

Heidi Furness said...

I'm so glad you had a great time! I can't wait to plan a trip to see you. Was gonna do it this spring and work has doubled... I was also thinking I could come for a weekend but it seems 5 days would be a minimum visit. Sure miss ya. wish things would work out for you to come to Boise. I'll keep my fingers crossed!

B said...

LOVE THIS POST. Que saudades! Kayaking, Austin, and the Alamo all in one trip - so lucky. I think we need to plan a vacay down there.

Autumn said...

Could you have any more fun? I don't think so! Man I want some of that bbq.

Julie said...

How did you manage to get locked in the Capitol Building? From what I've heard and seen, I thought it was always open!

Molly said...

What glorious photos! What glorious commentary!! What a glorious week-o-vacationing!!!! I liked how you said, "the planets aligned and C and Marty had the same Spring Break.". :)
Kayaking, mountains of GREAT food, San Antonio & the riverwalk, cadbury mini eggs, this trip had it all!!
Thanks for sharing this week with us, Hil. You get an A+ for this post.

Molly said...

What glorious photos! What glorious commentary!! What a glorious week-o-vacationing!!!! I liked how you said, "the planets aligned and C and Marty had the same Spring Break.". :)
Kayaking, mountains of GREAT food, San Antonio & the riverwalk, cadbury mini eggs, this trip had it all!!
Thanks for sharing this week with us, Hil. You get an A+ for this post.