Saturday, November 20, 2010

C and the big 2-9...


I flew back from Vegas just in time to get in some quality birthday celebrating time with C. We started out with an epic muffaletta sandwich at Mandola's Italian market....mmmmm.....so good. We then went to a cooking class at Whole Foods where we festively focused on pumpkin and squash. We made a pumpkin soup and squash filled crepes with an awesome pumpkin and shallot sauce (our favorite dish of the class.) There was also a squash and hazelnut salad which we've since made and enjoyed as well as a pumpkin cake which was pretty tasty as well. Being the foodies we are it was super fun to take a class together. As we sat down with the rest of the group to taste our creations I was unsure about the dinner conversation with the strangers. However, when one lady posed the question "so who's everyone's favorite food network chef?" I knew everything was going to be great. We rounded out the day browsing through REI. Such a good day.



On Sunday we celebrated C and Halloween with our wonderful friends the Wildes, Danny, the Eskanders and the Beauregards. Good food+great friends+some rock back= a great 29th birthday. Thanks guys!


3 comments:

Chow said...

This post makes me EXTREMELY HAPPY. I just might steal some of these pictures. Or perhaps you can e-mail me the pictures from this wonderful night?

Heidi Miller said...

Happy Birthday to YOU to Hilary . . . the 14th came and went and now we are both 30!! Crazy!!! Or are you 29? I think we were both born in 80. Either way. Happy late b-day!

B said...

Those crepes look awesome! What a fun time! I'm making Thanksgiving all by myself this year, Hilz. Come help?