Sunday, September 11, 2011

Milestone....


We interrupt the normally scheduled catch-up posts to announce an accomplishment 7.5 years in the making: I finished my mission scrapbook!

Such a crafty undertaking (despite my love of pictures) was OBVIOUSLY not my forte. (It didn't help that digital cameras didn't even really exist when I left on my mission.)  I set so many goals over the years  with accompanying time-lines (for example: "My mission scrapbook will be my thesis, hon. By the time you finish your masters degree, I will have finished my scrapbook." HA!) that I couldn't contain my excitement when I actually finished it. C was out of town, but that didn't stop me from throwing my arms in the air and yelling in disbelief "I did it! I actually finished it!" and looking around for someone to congratulate me. :)

It feels so good to have it done. And you know what feels even better? Never non-digitally scrapbooking again!





3 comments:

Sarah said...

The second picture looks a little like a place I like to call Juquitisiao. Oh the memories! Congratulations on the baby. You will be such a kind, optimistic and loving mother.

B said...

Chega! Eu nao aguento! Eu ainda nao tenho feito isso! Parabens mesmo. Voce foi uma missionaria bonitinha. =)

Molly said...

Keep patting yourself on the back Hil, this is a big accomplishment! Way to go!