Monday, June 18, 2012

"Hey guys....I survived another one!"



The title of this post is what Ruby's expressive eyes and cute little face always seem to say to us after each bath. Seriously...it cracks me up! Ruby's never been a big fan of the bath. Back in the sponge bath days of her newbornhood she would scream as if she were reentering the world.

Then Ruby started bathing in her own cute little tub with the opportunity to splash and play - all in the warmth of bath water. The crying while being bathed stopped, but C and I couldn't help but just laugh as Ruby always seemed super cautious. For the longest time she wouldn't even put her hands in the water. She can be laughing and babbling and then you put her in the bath and BOOM - silence. She is so reserved in the bath it's hilarious.

She's getting more adventurous as of late, but I still think her favorite part of bathtime is when we take her out and wrap her up in her towel. She immediately smiles and starts babbling again as if to say "Hey...look at me guys! I survived another bath!"

5 comments:

B said...

Hahaha! Look at those cheeks! I want to kiss them - what a cutie. She's getting big, Hilz. Tell her to come swim with Mouse - we'll get her excited about the water! ;) Glad she's "surviving". =D

Marie said...

Quite possibly the cutest picture of her EVER! Less than one month til you are here!

The Frandsen's said...

she is so cute, babies are so fun

Tara said...

She is adorable and I can definitely see a lot of Mama Hil in that smile! Excited to see you guys this week.

Amy and Clark said...

She is getting so big and is so very adorable. How I want to snuggle little post-bath Ruby!