Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Get ready to be impressed....


Sometimes C and I are very different.....like the times when we see something interesting and he immediately says "I could do that" when in my head I'm thinking "thank goodness other people can do that for me." Case and point: the ice orbs.

Our brother-in-law Mike started the trend when he saw the magnificent ice luminaria and decided to make his own. C quickly followed suit.


The process......

The final product.....Behold...the ice orbs!

Aren't they gorgeous? Love them. Definitely a new winter tradition.

9 comments:

Tara said...

I am very impressed! They are pretty. So you make them from frozen water balloons? How fun!

camie said...

i love it! and am very impressed! was it hard to hollow out? i might have to copy you when my house is cute enough to actually decorate the outside...

todd, christy & kids said...

Oh my crap!! I am so TOTALLY impressed right now! I am glad you shared this fantastic idea!

Bre said...

love this!!! They really are beautiful! You guys are too creative!

Unknown said...

wow! that is cool. looks like a lot of work, but very beautiful! thanks for sharing

The Frandsen's said...

Yes..officially impressed.

Diane Bohn said...

Wow! I really am impressed! Those are pretty sweet! :)

Candria said...

Definitely Impressed!

Bonnie said...

Those are BEAUTIFUL!!! I think I will just enjoy the future pictures from you instead of try that... but maybe Jon will want to try!