What can we say? We love Washington - and were happy to find ourselves heading that way again in mid-July. After a fantastic, but too short, visit in Boise we started our trek toward the Olympic Peninsula. We stopped in Prosser, WA for a little trip down memory lane with Ralph and LeAnn on the phone guiding our way. (They lived in Prosser when they were first married.) Then, before we knew it, we were back in Port Angeles - and I must say - loving our lives.
 |
| Prosser, WA - in front of Ralph and LeAnn's old pad! |
The main purpose of our trip, like last year, was for C to finish up some dissertation research. The state of the Olympic mountains was slightly different than last
year, but C still braved the weather and was able to gather a little needed info. We enjoyed our brief encounter with winter and then made the most of the rest of our time in Port Angeles since we ended up with more free time on our hands than expected.
 |
| C's solo hike for research - I felt bad I didn't go along when he showed me the pictures of the bears he saw on the trail. |
 |
| The Lone Star came through the trip with flying colors |
I am always blown away by the absolute beauty of the area. This year we rented bikes and took advantage of the Olympic Discovery Trail. Our 26-mile ride took us along the coast, through the trees and into the farmland. It. Was. GORGEOUS. Even as the rains came at the end of our ride and the fatigue and soreness set in, it was still absolutely worth it. Easily one of our favorite days of the summer. (As an important side-note, my legs hurt so badly that night and the next day that I sincerely worried I might never be the same! HA!)
Marie said it best when she said to me, "What will you do when you can't summer in Port Angeles?" Good question! I love this place. So beautiful. So quaint. We just love it.
Before bidding farewell to our beloved Washington we hit up the Lavender festival in Sequim and caught another rainstorm or two in the park. :) We finished things off perfectly by spending a night with Cass in Seattle.
 |
| C is the master photographer of this beauty |
6 comments:
Fun! That last picture of C looks like some sort of movie poster. What movie? The Researcher
i can see it now...
Wow. All the pictures are phenomenal. Such gorgeous country. Makes me want to be there. You, by the way, look amazing as well!
Um, you look slammin' in that photo with the lavender! And I'm jealous of that bike ride. JEALOUS.
Phenomenal pics as usual! Love the way y'all travel.
Wow! I didn't realize that weather was THAT bad! I think you should still move there, though!
Wow-a pic of Mom and Dad's home in Prosser! Well done guys!
SO MUCH lovely land in Washington. These pics are fantastic.
And Hil YES! your hair looks natural, windswept, controlled and fashion forward. You've got it goin' on!
Post a Comment