Tuesday, October 14, 2008

It's Grease Lightning!

I just got back from a great trip to Orlando with my mom for the annual Curves Convention.

Highlights included (but were not limited to):

- Spending time with mom (of course!)
- Being back at the beautiful Shingle Creek Resort
- Curves meetings (favorite topics included breast cancer, marketing and brand imaging, new studies on exercise and nutrition)
- GOOD FOOD (highlight: Emeril's restaurant---I had a side of 'celery puree'...you might think baby food when you hear that, but imagine mashed potatoes just slightly different..delicious.)
- Shopping
- The Curves Party with Special guest Olivia Newton John- I'm not gonna lie...Val and I danced all night long and Olivia proved that Sandy can still rock it!





8 comments:

Kath, Becca, and Ellie said...

You know it makes me wonder just how many times she has sung this song in her lifetime. Love her outfit though- rock on Liv!

The Frandsen's said...

Wow, that's Cool. Sounds like Curves does a great job with their conventions!! I'm not sure about that celery Puree though...

Trudy

Cassie said...

Wow Curves sounds like they really know how to party and eat healthy all at the same time. I also love the pictures of you with your mother. They are really sweet.

The Road Less Traveled. said...

Um, you and Val are adorable. You left me singing tell me more, tell me more ...

Love ya!

sharpfamiy said...

Sounds like fun, Hil! You should take a little vacation back to these parts someday. I haven't seen you in ages. Glad you're happy! Easy on the celery Puree! Love ya, Heather

sharpfamiy said...

Sounds like a fun vacation, Hil! Next time you need to head this way. I haven't seen you in forever. Although you wont be getting any Celery Puree at my house! Glad your happy! Love ya,
Heather

todd, christy & kids said...

Celery puree...Hil...I think the sun is getting to you down there! hee hee! So cool to see Olivia Newton John sing though. Oh the memories that come back to me. You and your mom are looking good. Tell her Hi!

Cranberryfries said...

Love it! How fun you got to go out to Orlando with your Mom. Tell her Hi for me!