
To blog or not to blog...it seems that is ALWAYS the question. I told some friends the other day that I had not updated my blog recently because I hadn't taken any pictures, thus all I had to blog about was yet ANOTHER book I had finished reading. I told them another book review would just have to wait until later. After all, I can't have everyone thinking all I EVER do here in Texas is read. Though C did ask me the other day when I wanted to get my PhD. I was confused at first....until I realized he was slaving away at homework while I was relaxing and reading yet ANOTHER book. I quickly understood what he meant - I'm living the high life. We had a good laugh.
So instead I blog about fall, or the lack thereof, here in Texas. I told my father-in-law the other day that with conference weekend approaching I planned to turn my air conditioner on full blast, pretend I was at the cabin, and sip back some sweet hot chocolate. The proof is below....(it should be noted that a sore throat also contributed to my hot chocolate extravaganza...it was delicious...but I was sweating like mad by the end of the cup.)

Ahhhhh how we try to WILL autumn. And so do the locals. You should see the sweatshirts and sweaters that come flying out of the closets when it's a brisk 75 degrees in the morning (and subsequently 90 degrees by mid-afternoon). While I have yet to throw on my fall apparel I have partaken in other fall goodness....
Back to conference...FANTASTIC. One of our local cable channels carried conference which was unexpected and wonderful. Aside from conference itself the highlights of the weekend were the amazing quiche C made Saturday morning and delicious coffee cake on Sunday. I'm a lucky gal.
7 comments:
ohhhhh, candy corn... i got to get me some of that!
Quiche, hot chocolate and coffee cake?! We're crashing at your place next conference! :) Glad you guys are also enjoying the Southern version of "Fall." Everyone here seems to have cracked out the jackets, but I'm still relishing in the cool morning air. It feels so good to breathe in and feel it all the way down in your lungs; makes me long for the Inter-mountain West at times! We sure love and miss you guys! Hope to see you soon!
You are a lucky gal and we are lucky neighbors - tell C the coffee cake was fantastic.
And hot chocolate? Always a nice choice, regardless of the weather.
Have a great time on your trip!!
I know exactly what you mean about those crazy desert dwellers! Give it about 3 years and you will be just like them!! :)
So this is what Theodosis girl was raving about. We so need a pad in that apartment complex.
I'm glad you enjoyed the hot chocolate. Check facebook and myspace for more comments, pertaining to things in their respective non-blog spheres.
C, please don't tell McKay about this coffee cake. He loves all-that-is-coffee (well, coffee flavored). He would be harassing me to make it.
C's coffee cakes looks amazing! I've been married 6 years and have attempted making coffee cake almost every conference weekend since becoming the Queen of my Kitchen and the cake has never has come out looking as tasty as my younger brother's. I agree with Hil, she's a lucky gal.
p.s. The name is deceiving...no coffee makes it into this scrumptious cake, it's all brown sugar and butter. Sorry McKay. :)
Post a Comment