Thursday, October 23, 2008

Utah and some seriously big news......



(Disclaimer: For everyone I didn't see during my whirlwind weekend trip to Utah when you read this entry you'll realize why I was so busy.:) See you at Christmas!)

First, a special thanks to my rockstar job with Apx for flying me in for the end of the season festivities. What a good time and what PERFECT timing.

Highlights:

1- MY MOM GOT ENGAGED!
That's pretty hard to beat so I'll stick with it for a while. First let me give a little shout-out to my mom and Lynn. I am so happy for them both. They have both been through so much and deserve companionship, love and happiness. It was so AMAZING to be in town to see it become official and get to know Lynn's family better. My love to them all. December 27th is set for the big day and we are all so excited. Now if the picture below doesn't just make your heart sing.....


Marie and I had such a great time celebrating with mom and doing as much wedding goodness as we could while we were there. I also enjoyed the fall weather, beautiful color, playing with Brownyn and Magsy, seeing C's family and some Cali cousins. Lucky doesn't even begin to describe.....

17 comments:

Tara said...

Congrats to your mom! She looks so happy! And December 27th is a great day to get married if I do say so myself :).

McKell&Janeene said...

That is so exciting! Give your mom my Best wishes! We will have to chat soon!

V said...

Hil, Tell Val congrats congrats!! Let's see, I SWEAR someone else got married REAL close to that day 3 years ago?? I've been trying to get JD to go back to St. George ever since!!

camie said...

i thoroughly enjoyed the perma-grin on your mom's face. what ring did he end up getting her? i know she had "nine" picked out but only two that she loved...

Lori said...

What the crap your moms engaged? YAAAYYY! Congrats to her. What exciting news! (IS he nice? )

Missy said...

Hilary Ingoldsby-
Sorry, that's what I still know you as! Vanessa told me your mom got engaged and gave me your blog to look at! So fun! I still can't believe your Dad is gone but I think it's great that your Mom has found someone to be with until she see's your Dad again. I hope you are doing well. Tell Marie Hi!
Missy :)

Cassie said...

I'm so happy for your mom. You need to remember to post some pictures of the wedding. Its always nice to see Marie and her little girls on your blog.

Candria said...

Hil! So I am finally getting around to checking your blog and what a great day to check it! Tell your mom congratulations! How exciting. Glad things are going good.

Cassie said...

Awe Yeah! Val got her bling!! And finally a picture of Lynn! I can't wait to party it up in December.

Cranberryfries said...

I was in the car when Val called my mom and we were all screaming it was so exciting. It's fun to get to see the cute couple together since I haven't met Lynn yet. That's so great that you girls were able to be in town for it all!!

The Road Less Traveled. said...

OH MY WORD!!! Hoorah — there is hope yet for us single gals. Can't wait until Christmas!

Unknown said...

so glad to hear of happy things like engagements! she does have a perma grin- and he's handsome! good luck with all of that! sure love ya!

The Frandsen's said...

I saw your mom this weekend and her ring is gorgeous and being the pregnant girl I started tearing up telling her congrats. We are so very happy for her!

Molly said...

Hil--Thanks for all the great pics of your UT trip. Anna, Maren, Kira and your cute nieces! Loved it.
Congrats to Valerie and Lynn. They'll be great together.

Heidi Furness said...

I love these photos. I'm so happy for everyone! Your mom's smile is incredible. I can't wait to see you over the holidays and I'm doing my best to make sure I'm there! I'm still in the job hunt and I may have big news soon...I'll let you know when it comes!

sharpfamiy said...

Yeah! That's so great, Hil! I hope you mom is super happy. I love all the pictures and updates. I never see or hear from you anymore. Come to Idaho sometime! Miss ya,
Heather Sharp

todd, christy & kids said...

Hey--Congrats to your mom on the engagement!! She looks very happy!!I wish her the very best.