Monday, November 3, 2008

Dar and the big 2-7....



Ahhhhh what a great, fun-filled few days. We started off Thursday at the Dar Williams concert in Austin with our fabulous neighbor/friend Laura. We LOVED the small venue at the University of Texas and we loved all the fifty-year old hippies that were our fellow audience members. Definitely one of my favorite crowds....quiet, relaxed, and apparently lovin' the same music I do. Good times. Laura and I are both HUGE Dar fans (it's not everyday you find a fellow Dar fan...we are so lucky) and I must say you couldn't have paid us to wipe the smiles off our faces. Dar was AMAZING live...just like she was 8 years ago when I saw her in Salt Lake with Brian and Becca (ahhhh good times....miss you guys!) As expected Dar played some of our faves and subsequently left us breathless a time or two...and certainly left Laura speechless when we met her after the show. Awesome. Both Laura and I decided that Dar is definitely one of our favorite/most likely to touch our souls singer-songwriters. High praise? Indeed. The festivities continued on Friday as we celebrated C's birthday and Halloween. We started the day attending a baptism, ran a bunch of errands and spent the afternoon with a stellar pizza and a trip down memory lane with Garfield's Halloween special. A special thanks to Russ and Chow for a great birthday night of fun, rock-band, good company, and the best cake ever! And for sharing their awesome free lunch coupons with us....ahhh we've been so spoiled.
A happy birthday shout-out today to my mom!
Now enjoy a favorite Dar song or two.....

4 comments:

camie said...

what? you met dar? good work! how did you do that?
so, garfield, i watch the halloween special too and it has some emotional connection to you. we must have watched to together at some point.
loved talking to you today.

Molly said...

Happy B-day C-Dawg! Lookin' very smart (and stylin' in your foreign tounge Harley-Davidson t-shirt) at 27. Sweet ghost cake, Chow and Russ.
Nice footage of your Dar Williams concert, Hil. I can totally see you swaying and singing. I'm glad you and C are together. :)

todd, christy & kids said...

Happy BIrthday all around! I have never heard of Dar Williams but I think I like it.

Diane Bohn said...

Happy late b-day. (though it should count as Not late since I just found your blog.) ;) Glad to add another blogger to my list :D it's my silent addiction...and probably the thing Hunter hates the most. oh well. :)

I must say...I LOVE the Texas cake!!! Are you guys huge Texas fans now or what???