Monday, January 25, 2010

Sometimes I forget it's still winter.....

It's January - a fact I sometimes all but forget here in Texas. Today it was a gorgeous 68 degrees. C and I admittedly complain about the Texas weather A LOT, but today was pretty perfect....except that it was January (which means we'll be sweating by March.) Call us crazy, but we miss the snow. After all......

I was born in Ohio.


I grew up in Idaho where we shoveled our roofs and were sometimes freed from our snow-induced prisons by good friends with tractors.




I attended college in Utah and spent some pretty memorable moments like this...



In all seriousness though January is a great time to be in Texas. Tonight we walked along the river - enjoying spring (and an amazing sunset) all the while.

13 comments:

Valerie Ingoldsby said...

Pretty awesome pictures Hil - I think I like your weather better! The sunset is gorgeous loe mom

Cassie said...

The last picture of the sky is just beautiful!!! Right now I wish that Utah would just skip winter. I'd be totally ok with that. ;) I'm glad you are enjoying Texas.

Connie Whitesides said...

Oh wow. These photos are splendid. Just wonderful. I think it would be fair to say that with each picture you take they get better. And you take a lot of pictures. So by now you are GOOD! Keep on sharin'!

Marie said...

How have I not seen that first photo?

Dan-o said...

Ditto. But replace Texas with Tucson. Don't know what the high was today (I'm on travel), but it's never too cold. Well, it was cold during the night, but that hardly counts. Days are BEAUTIFUL temps. Love those winters.

McKell&Janeene said...

Fun pictures! I am wishing for warmer weather soon.

Bonnie said...

I will send you ALL the snow for one day of Texas warmth. I hate Utah in January!!! I guess it's always greener on the other side, right?? That first picture is adorable... such a great family!

V said...

Perfect Composition in that last pic (can you tell I just took a brush-up photography class at the Vo-Tech??) Love ya, V

B said...

AMAZING pics, Hilz. I'll trade you weather any day. Having been born in that great state, it's hard to get used to the cold!

Tara said...

I do love that first picture! And your photography is pretty great, too :).

MA said...

I hear ya girl!

Jade said...

Um, is that first picture of you two as NEWBORNS? 'Cause holy hanna, I hate your mother for looking that skinny. You go, Val.

Unknown said...

I almost forgot it was winter here in Arkansas too, until we got half an inch of ice, and 6 inches of snow! I almost feel like I'm back in Idaho! Fabulous pictures by the way!