Today I wrote a facebook status - which is incredibly rare for me and just like this post I wrote last year my thoughts are more morally based than politically charged. I don't pretend to agree/disagree/understand all the details of legislation, but I've been deeply disappointed in a lot of the current dialogue.
"I usually stay out of facebook banter, but I will say this concerning health care. I don't care which side you are on. Most opinions are valid for one reason or another. However, the language being used by many to describe all poor people as lazy and undeserving is unkind and frankly un-Christian. It's also important to note that the overhaul, imperfect as it might be, isn't designed to only help poor people."
4 comments:
thanks for your words Hil, I agree.
Well said Hil, as per usual!
How did I miss this? Such a good point.
I haven't paid attention to what's going on, I need to. I want to. Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me. It is NEVER OK to hurt others with unkind language. Why can't people see that?!
p.s. The quote you shared in your June 15, 2009 post about us being angels with only one wing is beautiful. I like the image of mankind having to embrace to fly. Hil, you are full of wonders.
Post a Comment